Please read through our policies, terms and conditions so that you know what is expected of you when booking a lesson or class with us. This makes sure that we can give you the best possible service at DM Dance Centre.
24 hours notice is required when cancelling a one-2-one
Cancellations must be made by phone
If you don’t get through to a person you must leave a message and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations made within the 24 hour time period will be charged in full
DM Studios may be required to cancel lessons without notice and reserve the right to do so.
In the event of a cancellation by DM Studios every effort will be made to reschedule.
No charge will be made for lessons cancelled by DM Studios
Lessons can be paid by cash or card (we no longer accept cheques)
All classes must be paid for before the class begins
A liability waiver must be signed before any class is undertaken.
Classes may have to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances in such instances we will endeavour to notify pupils via our website and social media accounts.
Classes can be paid by cash or card (we no longer accept cheques)
- Classes that are purchased online via our website cannot be refunded or transferred over to a different class.
Membership Terms and Conditions
- You have a 14 day cooling off period in which you may cancel your DM membership without charge. After 14 days you will be billed monthly as described until you give 30 days notice to cancel your membership.
- Membership classes do not include those hosted by external teachers that hire the studio. Payment for these classes must be made directly to the teacher. You may refer to the included classes below which list the classes you can attend on your DM membership.
- If you wish to cancel your membership we will require 30 days notice in writing either via email or letter.
- Once you have cancelled your membership, you will not be able to reinstate your membership for a minimum of 3 months after the cancellation date.
- Membership are non transferable in any way to another person or family member. Only the named person on the membership card can attend classes or receive discount on merchandise.
- No refunds of any kind will be issued after the 14 day cooling off period.
- It is the member’s responsibility to make sure they are booked onto the class they want to attend, either via the MindBody app or booked in person at reception or over the phone. DM Studios cannot be held responsible for there not being space in a class if you attend without pre-booking yourself onto that class.
- If you cannot attend a class you must cancel your place as soon as possible to allow other members to book onto that class. If you regularly do not attend classes without cancelling your place, your membership may be terminated.
- Other charges such as equipment hire or purchase (Glow sticks for Clubbercise) is not included in your membership and payments for this must be made at the start of the class.
- DM Studios reserve the right to terminate a membership at any time with immediate effect.
- If monthly payment is refused by your card issuer, payment will need to be made in full before you can attend any further classes.
- Monthly payments in cash will not be accepted.
DM Studios is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your relationship with DM Studios and will be in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for further information.
What information we collect
On our web site you can make requests and register for classes. The types of information collected on these pages are name and contact information. This information is held in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for more information.
Security of information
DM Studios is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and other procedures to secure the information we collect on our website. This information is held in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for more information.
7 Day Class Pass – Terms and Conditions
The 7 day class pass is only valid for 7 consecutive days from the first class visit.
The class pass is non transferable
The 7 day class pass is not available to existing members of DM Studios
To comply with the new laws coming into effect in May 2018, we have updated our policy to reflect this: GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous Data Protection.
GDPR states that personal data should be ‘processed fairly & lawfully’ and ‘collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes’ and that individuals data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their ‘explicit’ consent. GDPR covers personal data relating to individuals. DM Studios is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the processing of adult dancers, children, parents, visitors and staff’s personal data.
The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
DM Studios is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) under registration reference: ZA212310
GDPR includes 7 rights for individuals
1) The right to be informed
DM Studios is a registered Dance Studios with the IDTA and as so, is required to collect and manage certain data. We need to collect dancers and parent’s names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses.
We are required to collect certain details of visitors to our Studios. We need to know visits names, telephone numbers, and where appropriate company name. This is in respect of our Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies.
As an employer DM Studios is required to hold data on its Teachers; names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, National Insurance numbers, photographic ID such as passport and driver’s license, bank details. This information is also required for Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS) and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This information is sent via a secure file transfer system to DDC for the processing of DBS checks. DBS Numbers and date of issue are also held on a central staffing record.
2) The right of access
At any point an individual can make a request relating to their data and DM Studios will need to provide a response (within 1 month). DM Studios can refuse a request, if we have a lawful obligation to retain data but we will inform the individual of the reasons for the rejection. The individual will have the right to complain to the ICO if they are not happy with the decision.
3) The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. However DM Studios has a legal duty to keep pupils details for a reasonable time, DM Studios retain these records for 3 years after leaving pre-school, children’s accident and injury records for 19 years (or until the child reaches 21 years), and 22 years (or until the child reaches 24 years) for Child Protection records. Staff records must be kept for 6 years after the member leaves employment, before they can be erased. This data is archived securely onsite and shredded after the legal retention period.
4) The right to restrict processing
Pupils, parents, visitors and staff can object to DM Studios processing their data. This means that records can be stored but must not be used in any way, for example reports or for communications.
5) The right to data portability
DM Studios requires data to be transferred from one IT system to another; such as from DM Studios to the Local Authority, for performance BOPA licences, and dance Associations for examinations. These recipients use secure file transfer systems and have their own policies and procedures in place in relation to GDPR.
6) The right to object
Pupils, parents, visitors and staff can object to their data being used for certain activities like marketing or research.
7) The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Automated decisions and profiling are used for marketing based organisations. DM Studios does not use personal data for such purposes.
Storage and use of personal information
All paper copies of pupils and staff records are kept in a locked filing system in the Studios. Members of staff can have access to these files but information taken from the files about individual children is confidential and apart from archiving, these records remain on site at all times. These records are shredded after the retention period.
Information about individual children is used in certain documents, such as, a weekly register and disclosure forms. These documents include data such as children’s names, date of birth and sometimes address. These records are shredded after the relevant retention period.
DM Studios collects a large amount of personal data every year including; names and addresses of enquiries. These records are shredded if the person does not attend or added to the pupils file and stored appropriately.
DM Studios stores personal data held visually in photographs or video clips or as sound recordings. No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on DM Studios social media sites.
Access to all Office computers are password protected. When a member of staff leaves the company these passwords are changed in line with this policy and our Safeguarding policy. Any portable data storage used to store personal data, e.g. USB memory stick, are password protected and/or stored in a locked filing cabinet.
GDPR means that DM Studios must;
* Manage and process personal data properly
* Protect the individual’s rights to privacy
* Provide an individual with access to all personal information held on them