Please read through our policies, terms and conditions so that you know what is expected of you when booking a lesson or class with us. This makes sure that we can give you the best possible service at DM Dance Studios.
Safe Plan for Resuming In-Person Classes
In order to keep everyone safe, and minimise the number of people in the studios, we will be implementing the following rules:
- We will have a drop off only policy for all dancers except (kids ages 2 to 5). For preschool classes, we ask that one parent accompany their child to class.
- A receptionist at the door will welcome dancers into the building.
- If your child is coughing, sneezing, or has a runny nose, we will not be able to have them join us for in person class. Please keep your dancers at home if they are feeling sick.
- Dancers should bring their own water bottles into class with them, as no one will be allowed to use the vending machine.
- Dancers will sanitise their hands upon entering the studio at the sanitising station.
- While maintaining a safe distance from other students, dancers will walk through to their designated studio where their instructor will assign them a spot for their class (our studios will have safe distance boxes clearly marked on the floor for each dancer).
- Dancers should use the toilet before coming to the studio, but if they do need to use the facilities, only one person at a time will be permitted.
- All classes will have a 15 min gap between them in order to allow time for an orderly dismissal, and cleaning of any equipment (touch points, barres, floors, etc.).
- Dancers will exit through the fire exit door to prevent congestion in the reception area. Please make sure that you are prompt for collection and stood on a marker or can clearly see your child from a safe distance. There will be a staff member present to supervise.
In addition, we are taking the following precautions with our staff:
- All staff will be asked not to come to class if they are unwell.
- All instructors will wash hands upon arrival and between classes.
- Staff will sanitize and disinfect shared services frequently
In order to keep contact to a minimum, we ask that everyone enrol in our autopay system through our portal. You can also call the studio and we can help you get it set up or take payments over the phone. We are carefully monitoring the situation, and will only change these restrictions as and when we are advised to do so. Our most important objective is to make sure we conduct business in a safe environment.
GDPR – For Covid-19
The law on protecting personally identifiable information, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), allows Public Health England to use the personal information collected by NHS Test and Trace Service.
Therefore if required to do so by the NHS Track and Trace Services, DM Dance will provide the contact details of all children and adults that have been in close contact with anyone that has tested positive for Covid-19 within the setting.
This is in accordance with Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR ‘processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest’.
24 hours notice is required when cancelling a one-2-one
Cancellations must be made by phone
If you don’t get through to a person you must leave a message and email email@example.com
Cancellations made within the 24 hour time period will be charged in full
DM Studios may be required to cancel lessons without notice and reserve the right to do so.
In the event of a cancellation by DM Studios every effort will be made to reschedule.
No charge will be made for lessons cancelled by DM Studios
Lessons can be paid by online or by card at the studios. Tickets will be accepted in an envelope with the maximum amount of 10 tickets at a time, this amount will then be credited to the system.
All classes must be paid for before the class begins
A liability waiver must be signed before any class is undertaken.
Classes may have to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances in such instances we will endeavour to notify pupils via our website and social media accounts.
Classes can be paid by cash or card (we no longer accept cheques)
- Classes that are purchased online via our website cannot be refunded or transferred over to a different class.
Autopay Agreement Terms
If you have registered your card details on our system for our autopay agreement, please read these terms very carefully. This agreement is to help to spread the costs of the term out over a set number of weeks.
- Please note that this is NOT Pay as you go.
- If you do not attend a particular week, you will still be charged.
- Autopay is a system to help spread the cost rather than paying in one go.
- The money will be deducted for the number of weeks in total.
- Once signed up you have a 14 day cooling-off period to cancel your agreement with us, after that the term must be paid regardless of attendance.
DM Studios is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your relationship with DM Studios and will be in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for further information.
What information we collect
On our web site you can make requests and register for classes. The types of information collected on these pages are name and contact information. This information is held in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for more information.
Security of information
DM Studios is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and other procedures to secure the information we collect on our website. This information is held in line with GDPR regulations, please see below for more information.
To comply with the new laws coming into effect in May 2018, we have updated our policy to reflect this: GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous Data Protection.
GDPR states that personal data should be ‘processed fairly & lawfully’ and ‘collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes’ and that individuals data is not processed without their knowledge and are only processed with their ‘explicit’ consent. GDPR covers personal data relating to individuals. DM Studios is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the processing of adult dancers, children, parents, visitors and staff’s personal data.
The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
DM Studios is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) under registration reference: ZA212310
GDPR includes 7 rights for individuals
1) The right to be informed
DM Studios is a registered Dance Studios with the IDTA and as so, is required to collect and manage certain data. We need to collect dancers and parent’s names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses.
We are required to collect certain details of visitors to our Studios. We need to know visits names, telephone numbers, and where appropriate company name. This is in respect of our Health and Safety and Safeguarding Policies.
As an employer DM Studios is required to hold data on its Teachers; names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, National Insurance numbers, photographic ID such as passport and driver’s license, bank details. This information is also required for Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS) and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This information is sent via a secure file transfer system to DDC for the processing of DBS checks. DBS Numbers and date of issue are also held on a central staffing record.
2) The right of access
At any point an individual can make a request relating to their data and DM Studios will need to provide a response (within 1 month). DM Studios can refuse a request, if we have a lawful obligation to retain data but we will inform the individual of the reasons for the rejection. The individual will have the right to complain to the ICO if they are not happy with the decision.
3) The right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of your data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. However DM Studios has a legal duty to keep pupils details for a reasonable time, DM Studios retain these records for 3 years after leaving pre-school, children’s accident and injury records for 19 years (or until the child reaches 21 years), and 22 years (or until the child reaches 24 years) for Child Protection records. Staff records must be kept for 6 years after the member leaves employment, before they can be erased. This data is archived securely onsite and shredded after the legal retention period.
4) The right to restrict processing
Pupils, parents, visitors and staff can object to DM Studios processing their data. This means that records can be stored but must not be used in any way, for example reports or for communications.
5) The right to data portability
DM Studios requires data to be transferred from one IT system to another; such as from DM Studios to the Local Authority, for performance BOPA licences, and dance Associations for examinations. These recipients use secure file transfer systems and have their own policies and procedures in place in relation to GDPR.
6) The right to object
Pupils, parents, visitors and staff can object to their data being used for certain activities like marketing or research.
7) The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Automated decisions and profiling are used for marketing based organisations. DM Studios does not use personal data for such purposes.
Storage and use of personal information
All paper copies of pupils and staff records are kept in a locked filing system in the Studios. Members of staff can have access to these files but information taken from the files about individual children is confidential and apart from archiving, these records remain on site at all times. These records are shredded after the retention period.
Information about individual children is used in certain documents, such as, a weekly register and disclosure forms. These documents include data such as children’s names, date of birth and sometimes address. These records are shredded after the relevant retention period.
DM Studios collects a large amount of personal data every year including; names and addresses of enquiries. These records are shredded if the person does not attend or added to the pupils file and stored appropriately.
DM Studios stores personal data held visually in photographs or video clips or as sound recordings. No names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on DM Studios social media sites.
Access to all Office computers are password protected. When a member of staff leaves the company these passwords are changed in line with this policy and our Safeguarding policy. Any portable data storage used to store personal data, e.g. USB memory stick, are password protected and/or stored in a locked filing cabinet.
GDPR means that DM Studios must;
* Manage and process personal data properly
* Protect the individual’s rights to privacy
* Provide an individual with access to all personal information held on them