Starting a new dance class can be daunting and sometimes you find yourself putting it off, waiting for a friend to join you or not going at all just because you chicken out. Read on to change your mindset and get your self off the sofa and in the studio!
5 Top Tips:
1. Don’t be put off by others in the class. There will always be someone who totally gets it and wants to stand at the front and strutt their stuff (if thats you, then fab, you go girl/guy) but if thats not you, try not to be put off as everyone learns at their own pace and lets face it if everyone was good we wouldn’t need dance classes in the first place.
2. Don’t give up first time! This is definitely something to bare in mind, you have so much to focus on in your first class and whilst you should enjoy it, you also might not be able to really lose yourself in the class experience until you’ve been a few times at least.
3. Chat to others. To get the best out of your class, don’t be afraid to talk to others. Remember you already have something in common because you love dance! Ask them if they’ve watched Strictly and you’ll know doubt have a friend for life.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. All of our teachers are here to help and will be over the moon if you actually ask them to go over a step again or help you. You don’t need to struggle in silence.
5. Enjoy yourself. You’re there to have fun, not win Strictly Come Dancing!